Termites are dangerous to every homeowner. The tiny winged insects may look harmless, but they’re not. They eat the cellulose out of the wood found in the structure of your home. An infestation can occur before you realize what’s happened and cause thousands of dollars’ worth of damages. If you want to keep the risks of termites infesting your home, the following prevention tips are available.
· Inspect the perimeter of your home on a regular basis. Many signs of termites exist, but you won’t know to take action if you’re not aware that they’re their. Look for rotting wood, mud tubing, and hollow wood to determine if your home has termites.
· Call a professional to install a termite barrier at your home. This is one of the best defenses against termites fairfield ct that you can take. It is a small price to pay for such great service.
· Clean the gutters. Termites are attracted to moisture and water and if the gutters are clogged, it will not divert water away from the home properly and the foundation can become damaged.
· Keep the basement and the attic well ventilated and dry. Again, termites like moist areas and will come to the area!
· There should be a one-inch gap between the soil and wood portions of the exterior of the home. This protects the foundation and also helps keep termites away.
· If the soffits or fascia on the roof becomes damaged, make the repair sooner instead of later.
· Remove tree stumps, cardboard boxes, and other similar items from the property. Termites will also come out to feed on these items and will eventually make their way to the home if they’ve not already.
Use this information to help protect your property from the devastation of termites!